4.27.2008

The San Francisco Chronicle

Two sure signs you're in San Francisco:
1.


2.


You know, you take a whirlwind trip to other coast.

You survive The Feet, you arrive at your hotel with the $16.95 a day internet and the view out the window of another hotel room.

You do a little shopping, you manage to stay awake long enough to wish your friend good luck on her book reading, open your eyes at 11 for the arrival of your pregnant friend who is a far more intrepid and less complain-y traveler than you.

You arrive at ABC thanks to a real live San Francisco hippie cab driver in time for your segment - and a fire drill.

Outside ABC studios

ABC studios outside ABC studios

You realize that you missed Katie Segal by one day, and instead get to share the massive green room buffet with a gorgeous personal trainer-slash-mom who puts our thighs to shame.

Ritz crackers! Triskits! Planters! No expense was spared.

The link is up. The dirt? Unfortunately, there is none.
So lame when TV hosts are actually nice, isn't it?

After the show you skip the Web 2.0 conference in favor of the LSD channel in your hotel room and a few minutes of Gigli.

We were way too not on acid to be watching this as long as we did.

Seriously. Gigli. I couldn't make that up.

Later you get wined and dined at a totally killer restaurant in the company of delightful friends old and new (Victoria! Shoot me your url)



Amy needs to learn a little something about dining with bloggers.

Well, it is San Francisco.

You manage to scam a stretch limo back to the airport as the sun rises out the tinted windows.

Too tired to even steal a swig of Jack.

But in the end, the most memorable part of the entire week was coming home to your daughters, one of whom is saying dada like a pro, and the other of whom managed to make a card for you on which she wrote MOM all by herself for the very first time.


The lives we lead.


27 Comments:

Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said...

Awwww, that MOM is great---the "O" looks like a flower.

And, I'm now lost in memories of limos, hotel rooms and traveling without children in tow.

4/27/08, 4:22 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

i am so sad to have missed having dinner with you and kristen! but i'm glad you had a good time on your trip. :)

4/27/08, 4:32 PM  
Blogger SUEB0B said...

Kid needs to work on her penmanship.

Bwaaa! I am just trying to keep up my reputation as the Most Childless Person on the Internet.

4/27/08, 5:07 PM  
Blogger Blog Antagonist said...

Looks very glamorous. Especially the fire drill part. :?)

4/27/08, 5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you did not include the other kiss pictures...

4/27/08, 6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just let out a loud "BWA" at the sight of Grace and Stefania. I must have been too busy drinking my 1/4 glass of wine.

4/27/08, 7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this says way more about me than it should, but isn't baffleck/lopez movie where jennifer is pregnant actually "jersey girl"?

i hang my head in shame that i'm familiar enough with their combine ouvre to recognize the screenshot in your pic above...

4/27/08, 7:22 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Jonashpdx wait, so we DIDN'T WATCH Gigli? Redemption! Redemption!

4/27/08, 7:43 PM  
Blogger Julie Marsh said...

Ditto FOM - I thought the same thing about the "O"!

And c'mon Grace and Stefania - kiss like you mean it!

4/27/08, 9:41 PM  
Blogger PunditMom said...

Ah, the life of a blogebrity!

4/27/08, 9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup, you still exist in a gigli-free zone... though you did watch part of "jersey girl" so you might still have to make amends for that someday.

oh, and meant to say, you know, congrats on the TV appearance and such in the previous post, but got wrapped up in my own nerdetry. so congrats!

4/28/08, 1:26 AM  
Blogger LiteralDan said...

Congratulations, but you can keep the TV appearance-- how do I get ahold of a fun trip with a nice hotel and limo rides?

4/28/08, 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@LiteralDan

You have to pay for it. (seriously).

4/28/08, 12:04 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

Jersey Girl is way better than Gigli, and I'm not sure that's saying much. ;) Sounds like a fun trip!

4/28/08, 4:56 PM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Looks like a fantastic time even if Gigli was playing...
and the card welcoming you on your return...
Priceless!

4/28/08, 6:27 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Liz, 8 a.m. is a *perfectly fine* time to drink whiskey.

wait. you said 5 a.m., huh.

uh.

nevermind.

the "MOM" card is awesome.

:)

4/28/08, 10:00 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

The card is gorgeous. Would have been my favorite part too.

Congrats on your segment!

4/29/08, 2:54 AM  
Blogger Fraulein said...

I live in metro Boston and I keep seeing people driving around with homemade "IMPEACH" signs on their cars. It ain't just San Francisco!

4/29/08, 9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - well done! That was terrific. There were some lovely, well-chosen ideas for Mother's Day there.

4/29/08, 1:08 PM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

Wait they still show Gigli? I though it got the boot, along with Speed 2 and The Spice Girls movie.

4/30/08, 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the card! I must have at least three similar ones hanging in my office. It's always the best part of a business trip.

4/30/08, 2:41 PM  
Blogger help4newmoms said...

Can't beat San Fran. Nice picture of Coit Tower. Did you take the walk to the top?

4/30/08, 4:42 PM  
Blogger Moments Of Mom said...

I can't shake the photo of the feet....
You have the coolest job ever and I love the MOM drawing.... makes me want to go hug my munchkin!

4/30/08, 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm just crawling out of lurkdom to say I dig your blog -- to the point of mentioning it in my weekly newspaper column a couple weeks ago here.

(Ya gotta cut me some slack and ignore the misspelling in the headline. I don't write the headlines!)

Also, I second what anothermomcreation said about you having the coolest job ever. Jealous.
OK, back to my cave.... :)

4/30/08, 10:38 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Hey Robyn, thanks! Nice piece there.

(And it just took me like 19 tries to repost your comment with the link embedded because when you do http blah blah blah it beats the crap out of my template.)

(Apologies to anyone who subscribes to comments.)

4/30/08, 10:39 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I loved the pictures, but my favorite by far was the card. I still have most of the cards and papers that my daughter wrote when she was a little one. Those might be worth something when she becomes a famous journalist, right? Nah. They're mine, they stay mine.

5/1/08, 4:08 PM  
Blogger mod*mom said...

you're stars!

5/2/08, 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home