8.29.2010

Nope, no news. No pregnancy news at all.

Christina has been looking at my funny for a while, since we arrived for our annual Fresh Air Fund visit to the Fairly Oddmother Massachusetts Compound, summer home for wayward, yard-deprived New York City families. I pour myself a beer at lunch and she is visibly relieved.

"Oh PHEW!" She laughs, "you're drinking!"

I guess now I know - if I go to sleep early, take a nap midday and then turn down a drink, I'm pregnant. Probably because at this very time, four years ago when we stayed here, all those things were true

Also maybe because I have Dunkin' Donuts gut this weekend. (A sure way to know you're in New England.)

Now we're off to Maine. I hear lobstahs are $4 a pound.

I can even eat them raw if I want. Because, you know - I'm not pregnant.


12 Comments:

Anonymous jerseygirl89 said...

I'm pretty sure that having ever been pregnant entitles you to naps for the rest of your life.

8/29/10, 8:38 AM  
Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said...

Oh, those photos from your first "fresh air" visit are killer! Look how little they were! And, I see Jilly has the same exact fashion sense to this day.

I love that our kids are growing up together, and still love to see each other every summer.

We miss you already even though you are still probably driving around our town, trying to find the damn highway. ; )

Safe travels!

8/29/10, 9:15 AM  
Blogger Avitable said...

So what you're saying is that you're pregnant?

8/29/10, 9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What @jerseygirl89 said.

8/29/10, 12:03 PM  
Blogger Issa said...

It's funny but I actually remember that post.

Hope you guys had an absolute blast.

8/29/10, 12:38 PM  
Anonymous Bryony Boxer said...

Yup, I would have assumed you were pregnant too. :)

8/29/10, 8:52 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

I like naps.

8/29/10, 10:37 PM  
Blogger Getrealmommy said...

One of the reasons I am glad I am not a celebrity in People Magazine. One day your a little bloated and the whole world is saying your knocked up. No, um just FAT. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

8/30/10, 1:21 AM  
Blogger Mama Cas said...

Like naps??? I LOVE NAPS. And I've perfected the art of napping-while-sitting-up cuz if the kids see me laying down (lying down?), they up their volume by 50 decibels.

8/30/10, 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Doll Clothes Gal Pal said...

I vote for the napping too! :)

8/30/10, 8:38 AM  
Blogger Marinka said...

OMG, so in addition to not being pregnant and are also not Jewish? Because the chosen don't do lobster. Or so I heard. Shalom.

8/30/10, 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Peter said...

Amazing that people with kids are still 'doing it' ... and end up wondering if or not pregnancy has occurred ...

Whichever it is ... I envy you for that lobster(s)

9/1/10, 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home