2.01.2008

Something Old, Something New, Something a Little Disturbing

I'm amazed and honored at the great discussion my recent political post generated. It's so nice to see a group, even with diverse opinions about candidates and priorities - including those who posted anonymously - all be able to discuss this stuff so civilly and thoughtfully.

(Okay, so there were a few anonymous exceptions that I had to delete. It's so awesome when people say the most offensive things about women, minorities, liberals, diverse families, and then go wait a minute, why did you delete me? What did I say? Ignorance isn't bliss. It sucks. And I'm not going to allow it here.)

It's not easy to be level-headed when we all take this so personally. As we should. And so the fact that this awesome little exchange took place right here, under this stupid little off-center masthead of mine, well that's just cool.

This is why I'm especially honored that Liz Thompson, aka The Hardest Working Blogger in Blogdom, saw fit to take a break from her 87 writing assignments and family of like, 72, and honor the post with a Perfect Post award.

Click over to Petroville and Suburban Turmoil for other winning posts that are definitely more worthy of your time than most of what's on TV this weekend.

----

Congrats Julie, my dear friend, and now mama of three. Feel free to hit her blog and wish her a big "whoo!" on the birth of Oliver Sebastian and the end of cankles forever. No, this time for real. No really. Seriously. This is the last one.

----

Overheard from Thalia to Nate this afternoon: That's not a booger. That's mommy.

I suppose it's good she knows the difference?


17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the perfect post award. That particular post was wonderful and it made me think a lot about Hilary. I'm not her biggest fan but I did really like her stance on working families.

Also, I loved telling my Rep friends that the Republican candidates have nothing about families and women on their sites.

2/1/08, 8:40 PM  
Blogger the mama bird diaries said...

Congrats on the perfect post! It was so well done with such valuable, well-researched information. Now on to Super Tuesday...

2/1/08, 10:00 PM  
Blogger Amy@UWM said...

Hey!!! Congrats on the award. I've seen those awards around and have often wondered what constitutes a "perfect post." Now I know.

2/1/08, 10:14 PM  
Blogger PunditMom said...

Boogers? Mommies? Feeling a little green today?

2/1/08, 10:34 PM  
Blogger Girlplustwo said...

i read regularly but don't often comment (don't judge me) but i thought your previous political post kicked ass.

2/1/08, 10:54 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

I had a spelling mistake in my last comment, so it's ok that I'm cracking up over the one in your title :)

2/1/08, 11:18 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Ha, good catch kgirl! I suppose then this one is automatically disqualified from future Perfect Post awards?

I wonder what dis-tubing is anyway. Sounds like what a woman does when she's done having kids.

2/1/08, 11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Liz,
I've been quoting your investigative work on the candidate websites and it's helped me make my official decision to support Hillary on Super Tuesday. I thought she was fantastic at the debate and I'm with her.
See you soon...
Bonnie

2/2/08, 8:12 AM  
Blogger ewe are here said...

Like jen, I read more often then I comment, but that post was brilliant, just brilliant.

Congrats on the PP Award. Well deserved.

2/2/08, 9:33 AM  
Blogger John J. said...

Well, that post kicked ass, so it was much deserved.

2/2/08, 10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also read often, comment not so much. Congrats on the post. I liked it a lot...thought provoking.
And I love Thalia's commentary on things. It always leaves me smiling. Today's is wonderful!!!!!

2/2/08, 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your elephant post was a stop everything you are doing and read that post or else - post. You deserve it. Better yet - it was not only a rant but had research to back it up...
Can you do that research magic thingy you did on the topic of finding me a pair of jeans that can hide my muffin top?

2/3/08, 1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Perfect Post! I would have to agree that it was kick ass! I read your blog regularly so I know I'm not alone with boogers and Toddler PMS. Thanks!

2/3/08, 8:04 PM  
Blogger the mystic said...

Oh always late to these parties, but I'm most impressed by Clinton too. In fact I support her 150%, though if Obama wins the nomination then I'll support him 150% so...

Congrats on the perfect post -- it is great. I don't have time to read all the comments so sorry if repeating, but the reason the GOP doesn't address FMLA is because if all them women-folk were at home where they belong we wouldn't need it, silly!

2/3/08, 11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks for the link - although, only 2 out of the 87 writing gigs is a paid assignment and my 72 children certainly appreciate the hits - you little booger, you ;o)

2/4/08, 2:43 PM  
Blogger Julie Marsh said...

Thank you for the congratulations, my friend - along with absolutely everything else.

And Full House Liz rocks, as did your post. Three cheers for good discussion!

2/5/08, 2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forwarded your post to a bunch of people, all of whom said to me, why aren't your blogs like that? And I said, you're missing the point. Become a Democrat.

2/6/08, 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home