2.19.2006

File Under: Some People Just Suck

I may be new at this whole mom thing but I do know enough to teach my daughter that "finders keepers" is only acceptable for umbrellas in taxi cabs and pennies on the street lying heads up. And maybe illegally covert White House documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.

The story in a nutshell: Woman loses expensive camera. Family finds expensive camera. Family won't return expensive camera because family's 9 year-old child "really loves it" and they "can't bear to take it from him."

Good lord, it's a camera, not a puppy.

(Thanks, BoingBoing)


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my. how absurd of the parents! and just plain wrong, yes?

thanks for coming over to the site and showing me the way back to yours!

p.s. i like your 'file under' heading! i may steal that. tee hee!

2/19/06, 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow. I hope it's okay, but this blew me away so much I posted about it over at b'eaw too. (But I gave you full credit.)

They CAN'T be Canadian. Caymanian? Kazakhstanian?

Thanks much for coming by b'eaw...and I second Kyra: thanks for leaving breadcrumbs back to yours.

2/19/06, 8:35 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Kyra and Jenn: the breadcrumbs are my pleasure. Welcome to my humble abode, stay as long as you'd like and come back any time. Just bring something chocolate.

2/19/06, 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom-101-You lost a camera in a taxi in Paris when you were 8 or 9. Maybe some recently diagnosed diabetic 9 year found it and wouldn't have returned it.

2/20/06, 11:34 AM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

sm101: It just tears me apart to think that some damn prepubescent French surrender monkey has my one-click Minolta with telephoto zoom. Thanks for bringing up such a painful memory.

2/20/06, 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home