8.12.2009

Back to school: You can be ready even if I'm not.

I have kids who won't have their winter gloves until the day after it actually snows, and I am so late buying bathing suits we're stuck with whatever scary selection is left on the sales racks at Old Navy in mid-June. Why is this you might ask?

1) I just cannot get my sh*t together.

2) I am busy picking out fabulous and adorable things for other moms' kids that I forget my own. Mea culpa.

Case in point: The annual Cool Mom Picks Back to School Shopping Guide, hot off the virtual presses, and filled with many delightful goodies carefully selected by some of your favorite bloggers. And me.

Back to School Shopping Guide


We've found everything from eco-supplies to backpacks and lunchboxes, awesome organic snacks, clothes reflecting this season's big trends, and, I kid you not, a $399 lunchbox. Just for fun.

If I could beseech you to pop over and maybe support one of the smaller shops, designers and mom-run businesses that we're mostly featuring that would be just awesome. There are also a ton of exclusive discount codes up to a whopping 50% off, because we know that for the most part, this is not the year to buy a $399 lunchbox.

Also? Cool giveaway. Hello.

Be so kind as to post the above dandy badge on your blog and help us spread the word, and we'll enter you to win $450 in gift certificates towards our sponsors Moxie Kids which sells amaaaaazing kids clothes, and EM Tanner Designs which rocks the personalized lunchboxes and more. All the details are on the back to school guide.

Happy shopping.


15 Comments:

Blogger The Red Headed Mama said...

I'm also always running behind but I have no good excuse :)

I posted the button...love all the stuff, but you know...I have 2 weeks so clearly I can wait 10 more days to actually order anything :)

8/12/09, 9:30 AM  
Blogger J said...

I wanted to get my daughter one of those awesomely cool lunchboxes, but she's 13, and informed me she won't be using a lunchbox this year. Whether this means she has no intention of eating, or is somehow going to come up with the money for school lunches, I don't know. I do miss the days when I just got what I thought was cute and she loved it.

8/12/09, 9:58 AM  
Blogger J said...

I should clarify that I do NOT mean the $400 lunchbox. ;)

8/12/09, 9:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh like my kid would lose a lunchbox like that ? lolol

8/12/09, 10:29 AM  
Blogger Issa said...

That $399 lunchbox doesn't make the lunch itself? What good is it then? I can't imagine buying one for my girls, seeing how M went through 4 lunch boxes last year alone.

Liz, you are not alone in the slacker mom thing. Truly. I have yet to buy school clothes and crap for the girls and they start on Monday. Last year, we bought it the night before and I can see how it will happen again. I also bought Halloween costumes the night before Halloween last year. It's always a fun task to find what they think they want to be, when you are picking though the on the floor costumes. (This is how one kid ended up being a witch on a unicorn last year. You can't beat that.) Slackers rule!!

8/12/09, 11:49 AM  
Blogger sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

The button is on my site and I'll be shopping soon. I'm thinking the $399 lunchbox should come with a personal chef.

8/12/09, 1:19 PM  
Blogger Allyson/HBMomof2 said...

What pisses me off more than there actually being a $399 lunch box is that some overbearing, rich mom at my kid's private school will have to buy it. Ugh.

We don't start school until mid-September so I feel like I have time, but I feel your pain. We were supposed to order uniforms by July 15 to guarantee that our kid has some. I have yet to go to the store. Oh well, last year's uniforms will have to do. SLACKER MOMS UNITE! (and drink wine and get to it at some point.)

8/12/09, 3:20 PM  
Blogger Momma Hunt said...

I can't wait to see what this site has to offer. Although I have no kids school age, I am a high school teacher who is a geek and loves school supply shopping.

8/12/09, 8:23 PM  
Blogger kateypie35 said...

Oooo....Shopping!! I put the button on my site...and now, will spend the evening perusing. Wee!

8/12/09, 8:35 PM  
Blogger Sarah Rath said...

I'm on it...first button I have added to my site. I feel proud to have you there! After all I found you in Parents or Parenting...one of 'em Makeover Girl tee hee!

8/12/09, 11:16 PM  
Blogger Mama Mel said...

Today was the first day of school here! As I was packing the boy's lunch mere minutes before dashing out the door, I realized just how nasty last year's lunch box actually looks. Somehow, I did purchase the requisite brand new Disney princess lunch box for the girl- only preschool starts next week. :|
Thanks to coolmompicks, I might actually manage to purchase something more appropriate for the boy. Fortunately, he's a boy child and doesn't care.

8/12/09, 11:38 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

ha! i'm *just* like you. always late in things like that.

8/13/09, 7:54 AM  
Blogger A Mother Always said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8/14/09, 4:42 AM  
Blogger A Mother Always said...

You have an interesting blog, enjoyed reading it, thank you for your post about 'Daddy My Own'

8/14/09, 4:42 AM  
Anonymous Grizzly Kitteh said...

Cool list! I wish I got amazing lunchboxes like this.
I got a beat-up hand-me-down rusted steel He-Man box from my older brother (that is totally retro now, but totally unappreciated at the time of receipt).

8/14/09, 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home