2.22.2006

(and now a break from our regularly scheduled programming)

Kristen, that beautiful soul whose mission in life is to make all people happy, informs me that some nut has gone and nominated me for the CrazyHipBlogMamas member of the week.

Certainly I'm thrilled because, hey, what insecure writer doesn't need people to stroke her hair saying "goooooood....preeeeeetttttty" (as Nate puts it). But still, it feels a little to me like the quintessential teen movie where the new kid in school gets nominated homecoming queen. This is not to say that I am Lindsay Lohan and that you are all the Mean Girls, because, well, you all seem remarkably kind so far. (Yes, even you. You know who I'm talking about. Get your finger out of your nose.)

If you found your way here through CHBM, I'm happy just to have you here. For now. Down the road, I reserve the right to become more diva-like and demanding of you.

And if you are part of CHBM I recommend you throw your vote to Kristen, whose heartfelt, introspective posts this week have really stuck in my craw. Alternately, vote for Jenn, who is not only hysterical, but a real live professional writer and you're lucky to get to read her for free online instead of shelling out $90 for two theater tickets tickets, plus the cost of dinner, a sitter, and if you're me, a parking violation.

Of course if I do win for some freaky reason, I'm buying you each a pony.


14 Comments:

Blogger Jess Riley said...

Hi there! Here via Kristen...and while I'm not a member of CHBM, I am rooting for you.

"goooooood....preeeeettttty" hehehe!

2/22/06, 8:54 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Can my pony have sparkly hair and a bow in it's tail???

2/22/06, 9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Mom-101! You're rockin!

p.s. -- I'd like a purple pony with a gold hairbrush, pretty please.

2/22/06, 9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A pony - fuck - just give me a vibrating *neck* massager and we'll call it even.

You have email btw...

2/22/06, 10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I love how you spread the love.

*sigh* I could drink that big jug of water I'm so touched.

2/22/06, 10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I am here from CHBM and I seriously want a pony if you win hehehehhe!
I am so glad I have found even more cool blogs to read! Enjoy your blog!
chelle

2/23/06, 12:09 AM  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

Hey, as long as you don't go all Sissy Spacek a la Carrie on us when you win that MOTW thing. I'll take a Shetland pony, 'kay?

2/23/06, 8:15 AM  
Blogger the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

I'm totally going to vote for you. Right now. I personally think it was MY vote that put GGC over the top (sorry, kristen, I didn't know you at the time or I would have abstained from voting). Can I have a babysitter instead of a pony?

2/23/06, 2:39 PM  
Blogger Shalee said...

I'm here via Antique Mommy, although I am also in the CHBM.

(Don't you love how we all find each other... It's like that line in Ferris Bueller's Day off:

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

Don't worry; I do have a real life.)

I just wanted you to know that you are now firmly established on my blog list to view whenever I can grab 5 minutes on the computer - alone!

When you win, I'll take the pony keg. If that's too much to ask, just make it a martini and we'll call it even.

2/23/06, 3:05 PM  
Blogger GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

poop. i am like three days behind. shoot! okay, well, you should win next AND you gots my vote, lady.

2/23/06, 6:25 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Oh my goodness, I'm suffocating from all the love! Can't...breathe...must...get...air....

2/23/06, 11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found CHBM yesterday. That is pretty cool that you got nominated (is that the word you used?). Thanks for stopping by.

2/24/06, 12:04 AM  
Blogger Carolyn S. said...

I am climbing out of bed to vote for you. You're worth it. Congrats!

2/24/06, 8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm commenting these all now. I'm browsing your archives. And I promise you I'm totally normal and cool. (But if this is Mean Girls, can I please be Regina?)

5/25/07, 2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home