3.07.2011

Good to be back. Mostly.

Things I missed about home over the last 10 days:

The kids
Nate
Bravo
Pizza

Things I didn't miss about home:

The smell of cat poop when I walk in the door
Picking other people's underwear up off the floor
Doing dishes
Dirty towels
The cold
Subway commute
Office coffee
That one person at work...they know who they are
The cold
No craft service


Bye LA! Thanks for the memories. And the use of this pretty pink bike on the Paramount lot. Also thanks to American Airlines flight 34 for not crashing with me and Jason Bateman and Zak Galifinakis on it, which would mean the end of comedy as we know it. Mostly because of me. Clearly.


9 Comments:

Anonymous Kami said...

I love going away. And I love coming home. You're right. Distance is so helpful in reminding us who we are beyond moms. I just wish I didn't have to go away to find an antidote to my own testiness. There's something about being alone that's so...relaxing. But I quickly miss the edible cheeks I'm surrounded with at home. Not so much the no's and the why's but definitely the cheeks!

(Being first is a lot of pressure!)

3/7/11, 11:02 AM  
Anonymous Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said...

Ugh, I hate the smell of cat poop when we walk in the house. We recently put our cat box in a closet and used a small computer fan to vent it into the attic so we don't smell it anymore, but I swear that smell lingers. UGH.

Glad you're home! Enjoy the girlies =)

3/7/11, 11:51 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

I flight with Zach Galifinskididispellhisnameright? That's way cool! My biggest celeb flight encounter was Master P

3/7/11, 1:35 PM  
Blogger Liz @ ewmcguire said...

That itty bitty basket on your pink bike is freaking adorable.

3/7/11, 10:28 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I just spent the last 45 minutes scripting a parody of Between Two Ferns and I am in a ZG mania.

Glad you are home, cat funk be damned.

3/7/11, 10:45 PM  
Blogger Danielle-Marie said...

Welcome home! Spring will be here soon...so you won't be cold for long. And you can open your windows to air out the cat poop smell.

3/8/11, 9:29 AM  
Blogger Eden Riley said...

Clearly.

Love the bike almost as much as I love your cute little knees.

3/8/11, 9:34 AM  
Blogger The Mommy Therapy said...

This post mostly made me grateful that I don't have a cat, and jealous that no one has ever given me a pink bike to ride around in the sunshine.

Welcome home.

3/8/11, 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Annie said...

You look great on that pink bike! I wish I had one!

3/8/11, 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home