3.21.2006

Two-fer Tuesday

I wasn't going to post today because I already have a post at Suburban Turmoil (where I still want you to go now now now NOW) but I have something I just can't resist sharing.

I call this Why I Love My Man.

You see I forwarded Nate this nice little write-up I found about my blog (which you do or don't have to read) and this was his email response to me, verbatim:
THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!

I hate it when underground cool things that I like get discovered,
and then everyone's all like "yeah, I've liked them since they first
came out....", but then I'm like "no way man, I liked them before
they even came out, and when they were just forming", and then
they're like "oh yeah? Well I liked them before they even thought of
the idea, from when they were still in school", so then I'm all
"yeah, that's nothing, I've liked them from before they were even
born, we were friends in Heaven, and I promised to be their first fan
when we were on Earth and they started up" and then they're like
"Yeah, but...." and then I slit their throat with a straight razor,
and they're all "aaagghhaaaarrraaablllllllllaaaaaagggggggrrrrraaaaa" so then I win.....

But in your case I've [profane act removed] you more recently than anyone else has (that I know of), so I win #1 fan by default.....

Is he awesome or what?


17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very awesome. But I'm not surprised. You guys sound like a very fun couple.

3/21/06, 10:56 AM  
Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

Brilliant. But then, as my husband would say, he'd have to be because he married you...

Gotta love the corn.

3/21/06, 11:28 AM  
Blogger Lumpyheadsmom said...

sniff. I'm gonna cry. That's the sweetest thing ever.

3/21/06, 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant! I'm new to your party, Mom101, but I'm loving catching up on all your posts. Thanks (to you and your man) for the entertainment.

3/21/06, 12:32 PM  
Blogger the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

See how sweet he is? See how nice people get great Siggos? I assume this makes him forgiven for not being able to let Thalia cry it out?

3/21/06, 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you achieve wide notoriety due to my scribblings, you'll be the first. But remember who you danced with when you make your first David Letterman appearance...

And FYI, plenty of your readers are clicking through to that nice little write-up, so start blushing. ;)

3/21/06, 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah to be "partnered" to a comedy writer. I married someone who just thinks he's funny.You've got someone that actually is.

Nice write up, btw!

3/21/06, 2:05 PM  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

Aww, that's so sweet. Murder and fucking (or other profane act), mentioned in the same e-mail. Two snaps up in a circle.

3/21/06, 3:44 PM  
Blogger J said...

My first visit to your blog. :) I got here from Wendy's comments. I think I'll blogroll you, so I can find you when I want to come back. I went and looked at your guest blog...great stuff!

3/21/06, 6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is very cool. Although I think the noise that's made when someone slits your throat would more accurately be described as "aaagghhaaaaArrraaa..." he missed that critical A there, see?

You are very cool too, btw.

3/21/06, 6:36 PM  
Blogger PetiteMommy said...

Just found your blog and I just have to say that it's cool! You are very lucky to have a hubs like that...that's just incredibly cute...

3/21/06, 7:15 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Even if you do sell out, I'll still like you....

3/21/06, 7:22 PM  
Blogger GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

That is sososoosososos awesome. Congrats on the wonderful and amazing write-up and the wonderful and amazing man in your life.

3/21/06, 7:59 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Sounds like he's a keeper! Congratulations on the write-up. That's awesome.

3/21/06, 8:28 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Awww. You have a great lovey who really is crazy about you. Yeay YOU!

3/21/06, 10:16 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

Hey you're like Nirvana before they became Nir-VON-na.

You are the coolest kid on the block with a great guy. Keep on doing what you do...

3/22/06, 12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes..quite simply..he is awesome - that is fabulous - he's a keeper.

3/22/06, 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home